The issues surrounding firearms are school issues too! Around Vermont and the United States educational districts are being forced into turning our buildings into militarized bunkers. In a response to conditions totally beyond our control we are having to terrorize our children with school lock down drills, and we are spending tens of thousands of dollars or more to harden our schools.
This is happening for only one reason: the number and easy availability of firearms. A school shooting takes much more than a shooter: it takes guns and bullets. It is true that we need to protect ourselves from dangerous people, but we also need to protect ourselves from the surplus of firearms these dangerous people so easily find and use to create their horror. A school shooter without a firearm is not a school shooter! Do what's right ... visit Gun Sense Vermont today.
ConnectedVermont in its current state is devoted to encouraging statewide discussion about Vermont's primary and secondary educational system with an emphasis on school boards and their members. Click here to sign up for the "Local Schools Are Good Schools" newsletter or visit our blog page.
Click here to sign up for the "Local Schools Are Good Schools" newsletter
Here's some of what folks have been saying about the "Local Schools" emails:
- "I appreciate this email! Thanks."
- "I look forward to this valuable summary and hope you are able to continue. Thanks."
- "I usually scan this and sometimes follow the links."
- "I read each and every email. Please continue your fine informative emails"
- "I find the information useful and really appreciate you sending it"
- "I read your emails. I don't follow the links for further details as I have already seen/read the article or , having dial-up only, would be too time consuming so I like the summary idea."
- "I am reading--blog is fine, although I'd suggest setting it up so that updates go out by e-mail..."
- "Yes -- keep it up! Thanks!"
- "I have found some of your articles useful, especially news from "the south" (Bennington, etc), that I have not received from other channels."
- "I appreciate your efforts- Is it open non newspaper items- like could I submit some information??" ANSWER: yes! Use the contact form to ask how or submit something.
- "I find it interesting and every other message will link up for more information"
- "I do skim your email each time it is sent and then read more in depth the portions that I want more information about."
- "I have read some of your emails/ newsletter, not sure how i got signed on. Had not fully formed an opinion what your email/ newsletters were achiev.ving or were intended to achieve. I encourage you to continue in some way. The more people passionate about education the better."